Thursday, December 4, 2008

Water heater bypass detail

I took some pictures of the bypass hardware I added, so here they are.

The bypass kit installed. It consists of two T-valves and a hose in-between. The plastic water tank (donated from a Winnebago) is on the left, the blue pressure accumulator (1.5 gallon) is on the lower right. If you don't have an accumulator, I suggest you get one. Could keep you from waking someone at night.


One of the two valves in bypass mode. The lever points to the direction of fluid flow.


The two kits I purchased. In addition to the bypass kit on the right, I bought a kit to allow the antifreeze to be pumped in. It has another T-valve, a coupler, and hose with cap for the valve for when not in use.


This is the valve and connection for the antifreeze suction hose. It is tucked in-between the four deep-cycle batteries, water pump, accumulator, strainer, etc.

No comments: