Sunday, April 11, 2010

1967 Travco Dodge Mahaul towed home


Just yesterday my brother and I traveled to another part of our great state of Arkansas to tow his "NEW" Dodge Travco motor-home back to my house. It will stay here until it is ready for the trip to his house, hopefully soon. It is a 1967 Dodge Mahaul (Travco) with a 318cuin Dodge truck engine and a Kohler 6.5kw generator. We drove my Travco down there to tow his back as a last resort if we could not fix his brakes. After all other items were ready, I put brake fluid in the master cylinder and nope. It was totally done, no more to give, rubber was rotted-out. So, that meant we would have to attach a tow-bar and tow away! So plan 'B' was to have him ride in the second rig when we got to the hills to help the pair up the hills. Ok, even though it was able to move on its own, it was not able to help at all. So, plan 'C' was... my Travco was on its own. Well, you know what, it made it just fine. Round trip was 266 miles, 54 gallons, 5MPG, 5.5 hours drive time, 47MPH average. So I would say that the towing power of the Travco is Excellent!

5 comments:

Hayato said...

hi, this is the loco express. we got a road side problem and need help. we need a rim with a 5 stud hole pattern. can you help us? please call if you can help us in any way.
thanks
1 604 902 2989
1 604 999 1102
whistlerwoody420@hotmail.com

VoyageVixen said...

any tips on parts numbers for the master cylinder? I need to replace/rebuild mine in the 1964

1966 Travco 270 said...

Capri,

Larry at Prairie Grove Auto got me a rebuild kit for my brother's MC. It is actually a 1967 and has dual brakes, front/rear and is different from our single system. (I assume the '64 is like the '66) I am about to post on what we have for the '67.

Unknown said...

Hi, This is more of a question than a comment. dose anyone know were I can get a windshield for a 1966 Travco motor home. Am in No Calif.
1 530 798 6088 Need help DC

1966 Travco 270 said...

Dana,

Many of us Travco owners have used:

http://www.rvglassexperts.com/

FYI, have them install it as it is NOT a DIY project. I suggest you join the Travco group on Yahoo for additional resources.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/travco/