Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fuel Injection

I have been gathering research on the future fuel injection system for the 440. I am going to use a GM Throttle body with a purchased adapter plate. I could make one, but I can get the plate, gaskets, hardware for $46, so it is worth the time savings. I have learned that I should not use the throttle body from a small bock Chevy, but one from a big block 454 and maybe even bore it out to 54mm for more torque. http://www.affordable-fuel-injection.com sells an almost all inclusive system for about $1600. Hmm Looks like the DIY route is the way to go, can do it for a lot less, but need to get the 454 T-body first....

2 comments:

m said...

Please keep us posted about the progress of the fuel injection conversion (or where you find the information on the conversion). I was considering going the megasquirt route, but am still looking for options at this point!

Thanks again!

1966 Travco 270 said...

I do have a megasquirt already (built but obviously not installed), I will need to find a large TBI unit before I proceed.